How to Recover from a Sarasota Car Accident
If you’re suffering from injuries related to a car accident, this can be an overwhelming time as you wonder how you will pick up the pieces of your life and put them back together again. When dealing with the aftermath of a car accident, there are two types of recovery that you must concern yourself — physical recovery and financial recovery.
Your Insurance Helps, But Not Much
The first place you may look to recover from your Sarasota car accident is your insurance policy. Florida is a no-fault state, meaning all drivers are required to carry what is known as personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
It is important to keep in mind that the no-fault insurance policy will only pay for 80% of your medical expenses and 60% of your lost wages from work, up to only $10,000.00. Because insurance companies work hard to avoid having to pay victims the most they deserve, here are four steps you need to take to ensure you recover after your car accident:
- If You Are Able to Do So, Document the Accident. Be sure to call the police at the scene so they can write an accident report. The accident report is important because it contains factual information such as who is at fault, what the weather was like at the time of the car accident, where the accident took place, and when. Also, the report will help you recover financially from the insurance company since most personal injury cases are settled out of court. If you can, take photographs and video of your injuries and the vehicles involved.
- See a Medical Professional Immediately. Seeing a medical professional is the first step to your physical recovery. The doctor will note your injuries and start a treatment plan, if necessary. Be sure to follow the advice of your doctor. If the doctor recommends therapy, don’t hesitate to do it. Without following the doctor’s orders, the insurance company will begin to question your injuries and whether you truly have them.
- Locate and Hire a Sarasota Personal Injury Attorney. Meet with a Sarasota personal injury attorney to discuss your personal injury claim and potential car accident case. To save money, request a consultation with an attorney that offers free consultations and allows you to ask questions pertaining to your car accident.
- Continue Your Road to Recovery While the Attorney Negotiates a Settlement. You will ensure your physical recovery and financial recovery’s chances of success when you continue to take care of yourself and get well while your attorney handles the following:
- Locating additional evidence
- Reviewing your medical bills and records
- Communicating with claims adjusters of the insurance companies
- Reviewing your potential damages
- Investigating the at-fault driver
- Negotiating a settlement with the insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit, if necessary
Do You Need Help Recovering from Your Car Accident? Hale Law, P.A. attorneys are Here to Help You.
If you were recently injured in a car accident and seeking physical and financial recovery, give the Sarasota car accident lawyers at Hale Law a call to schedule a free case evaluation at 941-735-4529 or use the contact us form online.