Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Sarasota Car Accident Attorney
GO TO HALE™
No Recovery No Fee | Schedule a Free Consultation
Sarasota Car Accident Attorney > West Palm Beach Personal Injury Attorney > West Palm Beach Rear-End Collision Attorney

West Palm Beach Rear-End Collision Attorney

Rear-end collisions can lead to serious injuries, particularly traumatic brain injury, facial fractures and lacerations, and whiplash. While the driver of the following vehicle is usually at fault for causing a rear-end crash, this is not always the case. For example, if the lead vehicle had no lights on at dark, or made a sudden and unexpected stop in the middle of the road because the driver was following a GPS device, for example, and decided to make a sudden U-turn, the driver of the leading vehicle could be found at fault. If you were injured in a rear-end collision, as either party, you deserve to be compensated by the driver who caused the crash. Our experienced Hale Law, P.A. West Palm Beach rear-end collision attorneys can help you file a personal injury claim to recover the damages caused to you.

Common Causes of Rear-End Crashes

Distraction is one of the leading causes of rear-end collisions, according to a National Highways Traffic Safety Administrationstudy. The most frequent types of distraction that led to rear-end crashes include cell phone use, daydreaming, and eating. In general, rear-end collisions are caused by the following actions:

  • Following too closely;
  • Speeding;
  • Unsafe lane changes;
  • Texting and driving;
  • Other forms of distracted driving;
  • Drunk driving;
  • Aggressive driving; and
  • Falling asleep while driving.

Slow-Speed Rear-End Collisions Can be Traumatic

A slow-speed rear-end crash can lead to serious injury, even if the forward vehicle was stopped in the road and the following vehicle hit it from behind at a speed of less than 25 miles per hour. Whiplash is a common injury in these lower speed collisions, and the chronic pain and immobility caused by a slow-speed whiplash collision can last for months. 10 percent of whiplash victims suffer long term pain, according to WebMD, which can last over 12 months and manifest itself as neck pain, immobility, headache, dizziness, cognitive issues, and shoulder pain.

Compensation From a Rear-End Collision

Victims of rear-end collisions can seek compensation for the following damages:

  • Medical expenses and projected medical costs;
  • Lost wages and lost earning capacity due to disability;
  • Pain and suffering;
  • Loss of joy of life;
  • Emotional distress;
  • Property damage; and
  • More.

Due to Florida’s comparative negligence doctrine, a plaintiff’s compensation is reduced by the degree of their own fault. That means that if you were found to be 15 percent liable for causing the crash, and the other driver was found 85 percent liable, you would only be able to collect 85 percent of your damages. As such, it is important to work with an attorney to reduce any degree of liability you may be blamed for. 

Contact a West Palm Beach Rear-End Collision Attorney

As the victim of a rear-end collision, your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering deserve to be reimbursed by the negligent driver who caused the crash. Here at the West Palm Beach law offices of Hale Law, P.A., our rear-end collision attorneys can help you hold them accountable. Call us today at 941-735-4529 to schedule a free consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • linkedin
  • youtube

© 2019 - 2020 Hale Law, P.A. All rights reserved.
This law firm website and legal marketing are managed by MileMark Media.